Monday, January 3, 2011

This Christmas

It's been awhile since I've updated this blog. Life in DC has been fast-paced and action-packed - and yet this schedule and routine that I have invigorates and excites me in a way that not many seasons of life have before. I participated in many fun activities this past Christmas season. It snowed right before Christmas, which transformed the already beautiful National Mall into a winter wonderland. It was just enough snow to abate mass hysteria in a city that really doesn't see snow that much. I went to a delightful Christmas concert in the National Cathedral featuring St. Albans School, National Cathedral School, and a St. Alban's college from Pretoria, South Africa. The highlight of that concert was watching the lower school choirs mimic the choreography of the South Africans from their perch in the nave balcony. I also participated in my own church's Lessons and Carols service. My mom and good friend from Philly drove down that day to see me! In addition, I entered in two very special times of prayer that a guy from my church organized for Advent. A couple of us from our church met at his house on the hill to pray to ready our hearts for advent. We used the Book of Common Prayer and then a devotional.

I left about a week before Christmas to drive north to Philly to spend the week there with my family. My brother and sister-in-law came in right before Christmas from Boston. The break was super-relaxing and quiet.

Brookwoods, the FOCUS middle school Winter House Party in New Hampshire started with a bang, but I will leave that update for another blog entry...

No comments: