Wednesday, May 2, 2007

FOCUS tonight

Tonight I spoke at FOCUS. I don't think i've ever had that opportunity before. As soon as I came home from South Africa, Jay Mcgee (who works part-time with Focus) asked me about speaking. YES - of course!

(FOCUS stands for Fellowship of Christians in Universities and Schools - and they minister to high school students - leading many of them to a relationship with Christ. I was heavily involved in this when I was at Episcopal - a great encouragement to me)

I basically talked tonight on how I arrived at COJ - from high school, through college, and onto South Africa, and now here. It was so good - i loved it, and remembered how much I loved connecting with the younger age - it's so huge to me. In the midst of mountainous schoolwork, I had forgotten the thrill of spiritually leading and connecting with younger girls - it was highly engaging and refreshing.

I gotta go to bed, it's been a crazy week... but I pray I never forget what it feels like to engage with spiritually hungry people who are younger than me.

No comments: