Sunday, September 16, 2007

Almost There

Approximately 15 days remain until I leave for the Middle East and I couldn't be more excited. Strangely, I feel more excited to leave for this trip than any other before it. However, I can't put my finger on why. It could be because I'm going to "the Holy Lands," or that I'll finally be working in development. Either way, this move stands in great contrast to my leaving for South Africa three years ago for these reasons: I know even less about my job description, less about the culture, and am unaware of what will happen beyond this semester - Yet, thanks be to God, I leave with a tremendous conviction about the certainty of going and an even greater sense of adventure and trust.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

i'm so excited for you in this next chapter of your life!!! keep on blogging ;)