Monday, December 3, 2007

DONE with Graduate school!!


As of approximately 2 min ago, I sent in my final assignment for graduate school. Can I believe that it's over? Hardly. It's funny to think that only a little over 15 months ago, I hadn't even heard of this program. What began as a gasp looking at an advertisement for this program in a South African magazine has culminated now in a semester in the West Bank - complete with hearing gunshots this morning celebrating the release of 429 Palestinian prisoners. Whew.


Some of the highlights of the program include (but are not limited to) the following:

- meeting FDB (Dr. Bronkema) and Sharlene with my mom at the Donut Building last year, early December (American Baptist headquarters - nicknamed "donut" b/c of the unusual shape of the building)

- getting to live at home

- the "characters" in my cohort (need I say more? :) )

- deciding to come to the West Bank (after prolonged conversations and "nagging" by Nash - haha)

- Being here in the West Bank

- Dr. Stapleford's class - i laughed everyday (esp. his graph depicted proximity to Canada related to need for grace)

- Mwamba - NOT!

PRAISE HIM!!

1 comment:

Faith said...

Oh Rebecca...we are a long way from those MWAMBA days.....we survived! Congrats! I look forward to seeing you back in PA. I am in London waiting for my Philly flight RIGHT NOW!!!!!