Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fadi

I wanted to name this blog under a new title, "Fadi," which in Arabic means "Redeemer." This word has meant much to me in these passing months. Challenged through the Holy Spirit to turn what is fallen into something meaningful, I'm come to see this word rise with an ever-increasing focus in my work and life. Development has a lot to do with redemption - and I have found this ever truer as those I work with press forward with an aim to redeem that which was stolen from them.
I believe that redemption is only way towards anything sustainable in the Middle East. And I pray that wherever I am, God will allow me to be an agent of redemption.
Again, it all goes back to He who is the Agent of New Life - "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it.

I love it.