Monday, June 9, 2008

What I've been up to

Summer begins here in Philly with a blast of hot, humid air. It has hovered above 90 F the past few days and we are ready for a rain storm. Summer also begins an interesting season for me as I move out of "transitioning to the States" and head full-force into a job search.

I really want to get back abroad.. but I think the Lord is having me here for many reasons.

I can divide what I've been going through in 3 sections:

1) Family

Coming home has been one of the biggest blessings I've ever experienced. After being the only foreigner, only English-speaker in a war-torn, oppressed place it's been great to be with my family, even though I feel like I could move out again ;) However, it's also given me the feet I need to stand up again and see what I should do next...

2) Friends

I've spent a long time catching up with friends. Having built some relationships with people in the area during grad school, I haven't had much time to catch them up on experiences in the West Bank, and share normal life with them for awhile. That's been a blessing.

3) Discernment

This area involves asking myself three very important questions: Where have I been? Where am I now? Where do I want to be? Having not really stopped since graduation from college, it's been an important time to reflect, think about the people and the places that have constituted the past couple of years, and how I've been led to the place where I am right now.

Prayer Requests:
1. I'm looking into work at AFSC (American Friends Service Committee). They do great work in the West Bank, and all over the world! I have a meeting in the coming days with them!

2. I'm leading at a week-long FOCUS camp in Martha's Vineyard, Mass. and will be giving a talk on the Resurrection. Whew - time for me to get those "talk muscles" from Campus Outreach in gear again!

3. This is a thanksgiving: I'm going to be studying Isaiah with a good friend of mine in the coming months. This is a long-awaited prayer answered for this kind of fellowship, so i'm excited!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: