Monday, December 15, 2008

Title Change

I just changed the title of my blog. I'd been playing around with different title names, and landed on this - I'm pretty much settled in Connecticut now for the time being, and also am no longer currently learning Arabic (however I would jump at the chance to do so again). "Fadi" is a word I continue to hold dear. It means REDEEMER - and that is definitely a theme that I clung to over this past year. I renamed my blog GRACE UPON GRACE not only after John 1:16, but because it sums up many things we discuss in my homegroup. We began the year discussing how we need God's grace for various things - for reflection, for processing, for thinking ahead for our future (everyone in our group is a former "missionary" of some sort). We also discussed how God gives us His grace to lead us into different stations in life. When I think about it - there's no way I could pick up and move to the West Bank right now (even though I'd LOVE to) - however a year ago, God's grace gave me the fullness to go ahead and do the work He'd set out for me to do, and provided everything that was needed - including physical and spiritual support. His grace also provided for me to come on staff with FOCUS this past summer. It's definitely a mystery how this works, but I continue to see this grace clearly at work to lead and sustain.

P.S. The picture was taken after an ice storm that hit upstate NY when I was up at the Emma Willard school for a visit.

No comments: