Friday, February 19, 2010

Lunch Meeting

I just finished a meeting at a girl's school near Hartford, CT. Apparently these girls had been meeting on their own for weeks for fellowship and bible study without telling us! Well, that's boarding school students for you - independent and full of initiative.

After walking through their busy cafeteria to get a salad, I followed these girls upstairs to a lounge area, lit by some skylights. I didn't have a bible study planned because I told these girls I just wanted to sit in. However, they introduced me with much fanfare and the girls gushed about the awesome times they had enjoyed at camp this past summer. I look forward to next week when we can actually sing FOCUS songs with a guitar (instead of accompella, trying to remember them, to give the girls a "taste" of camp) and actually dig into the word.

Then one of the girls wanted to practice giving a school tour with me. I could have stayed longer, but these girls needed to do their homework and I look forward to being there next week, hopefully with Kendra, and maybe we could go out to Starbucks afterwards.

Yes, this job is amazing.

No comments: