Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Final Days in Jerusalem

A few days before I left to return home, I met up with a good friend of my father's from his early days in ministry. Bill Broughton, a few years older than my dad, left for Jerusalem, a couple years after they met, to pursue ministry there. He is currently the cannon at the Anglican Cathedral of St. George. A couple months ago, he phoned my dad after having been a few years out of touch, saying that while doing his devotions, our family came to his mind. He learned I was near Jerusalem, so we met up. These are some pictures from that day.

the Qalandia (sp?) checkpoint

the Greek Patriarch of Jerusalem (a good friend of Bill's), me, and Bill Broughton

St. George's Anglican Cathedral (the kneeling pads are knit from parishes around the world - I spotted one from Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa!)


the outside of the cathedral



the view of Jerusalem from Mt. Scopus (next to the Mt. of Olives)


No comments: