Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A friend's post

My friend Mary (also pictured below in my college picture of the previous entry, at my immediate left) recently wrote an amazing entry on raising her child to know Christ. So I wanted to share it here.


In other news, God has challenged me a lot lately to trust Him with my returning time in Palestine. I'm not quite sure on the details of my living situation or my job description - however, I'm trusting God to deal with the consequences of my obedience there - and also learning to trust His character in the overwhelmingly emotional aspects of leaving once again, of returning to an area of conflict, and to trust that He will provide for my needs (more on the relational side I'm talking about). It seems that I will be living in an apartment with other students of Birzeit University, and that the directors of the Living Stones Student Center have drawn up a job description which I'm really excited about. Although it's always hard to leave home, I am really looking forward to being back there and to see how God opens up doors of ministry, as well as allowing me to attend church at an Anglican Cathedral in Jerusalem (where my dad's good friend is a priest).

Yalla! :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for linking to me, Rebs! I love the picture on your post too.

petesalibi said...

Hope you're adjusting, finding your way...I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep up the joyful spirit that I appreciate in you.