Sunday, January 20, 2008

Home


I've had a wonderful break. A month ago today I left the airport in Tel Aviv, looking forward to resting and spending time with family in friends. However even in the span of a few weeks God took me through some seasons.


The first part was a total euphoria of returning. The greatest surprise included a trip to the Pope Museum in Washington D.C. where one of the floors was dedicated to Arab Christians in Palestine! WHOO HOOO!! There was even a banner that said Birzeit!!


Though I can say I am genuinely psyched to return, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm actually returning. It's like if you stand too long on the high dive, thinking about what you're doing, you won't step forward.


However, God has given me grace - and included intermingling times of encouragement through friends and family, and especially when members our cohort from our MA International Development met up in Philly for a few days. I remembered what I was doing, why I love doing what I'm doing, and how humbling it is to have the opportunity to go.




Finally, I am psyched to spend some time with my college friend Jenny - probably one of my closest "kindreds" (as Jamie Smith from COJ would say). Below is a picture of us in college. (Jenny is on the far right - we were taking a road trip to a beautiful mountain town in North Carolina)



More to come before I leave....


1 comment:

Mary said...

Can I just tell you that the picture of the four of us is one of my all-time favorite pictures?! That day was seriously one of the happiest of my life. I am so jealous you get to hang out with Jenny....and so jealous that she gets to hang out with you! Sorry we never got to set up that phone date....try again?