Monday, April 27, 2009

Messiah

I'm writing a talk on "Messiah." - what does this word mean, what are its implications? This is all for a talk training that I will be a part of on the Vineyard next week as we have staff training.

It's been a long time since I've been on the Vineyard. I was at such a different place last August. I hadn't even moved into my apartment in New Haven, and I only knew one other person in that town besides my two roommates.

Now, I'm a part of a thriving church, a healing homegroup, and some great friends. Ministry is growing steadily, and I'm learning to go deeper in the girls' lives that God has entrusted to me.

However, I'm still in deep need of this Messiah/King. The Anointed One came to set us free. And while I can cling to Him, my feet feel weak sometimes and I have wavered much this year through different battles.

This talk I'm writing reminds me of His Kingship, and Priestly nature. My mom has an icon of Jesus as priest - however the turban-like thing he is wearing looks more like a regal crown. Perhaps it's meant to be that way.

I also have an icon in my room of Christ carrying a lamb. For all intensive purposes, he looks like he could have been one of the many shepherds I saw in Palestine. What impresses me now though about this icon though is His grip on the ankles of this lamb.

He will not let me turn! Psalm 18:36

This Jesus with His kingly and priestly nature, also stoops down low to save a lowly sheep from turning.

No comments: